At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breathtaking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
Purpose of the Role:
- To examine and measure components to ensure they meet the high quality standards required by McLaren Automotive.
The role of Metrology Technician encompasses the following activities:
- Reading drawings and following McLaren quality plans and other specifications to obtain product information
- Verifying dimensional accuracy of any part or tool used in the manufacturing process
- Notifying supervisor / team leader when the product fails to meet standards
- Report measurement data to the relevant internal customers
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Significant level of experience in metrology / inspection
- Mechanical engineering background
- Ability to read engineering drawings with good understanding of GD&T
- Experience in using Catia V5
- Experience in using and programming CMMs? with PC-Dmis or Polyworks software essential
- Experience in using portable measuring arms ? Faro and Romer
- Knowledge of Delcam PowerInspect software would be advantageous
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite
- City and Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or similar is required
- Automotive experience would be highly regarded
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external customers at all levels
- Ability to work methodically and logically
- Ability to work well in a team or autonomously as required
- Flexible attitude to working hours and practices
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Personal Lease Car Schemes, subsidised restaurant and onsite Gym. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475835