Technical Architect - C#Net, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server
Technical Architect - C#.Net, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server
£650 Per Day, 6 Months
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a big brand financial services company based in Reigate, Surrey for and experienced Technical Architect to join this dynamic and friendly team.
Responsibilities of the Technical Architect
- Strategic definition of the technical architecture blueprint for development, test and production; comprising application, infrastructure and network architectures necessary to deliver the multi-channel requirements cost-effectively and reliably. This includes infrastructure, system software, hardware/physical network, protocols, development, test and operational toolsets
- Governance over the evolution of the technical architecture (through the design authority once the ITT is in BAU)
- Be able to create coding and programming standards and lead code/peer review process to enforce though.
- Mentor dev staff in the implementation of these standards
- This individual will not being doing any software development but must have skills and experience in this domain as described below
Skills and experience of Technical Architect
- Have strong experience of .net development using visual studio/Team foundation. Java an advantage
- Deep technology design skills, including Execution, Development, Operations, Network, Digital, Object, Batch, Capacity, Distribution, Security, Standards etc.
- Knowledge of technology trends and leading practice in the life assurance industry
- Understanding of technology delivery planning, including estimating metrics
- Issue resolution
- Working knowledge of CMS selection and integration
- Understanding of infrastructure - specifically good practice in the configuration of desktop dev/test environments.
- Previous experience of end to end testing automation and continuous integration and build automation
- Knowledge of ETL
- Experience of data migration
- Experience of cloud implementations
- Leadership and interpersonal skills sufficient to win others over to the vision
- Ability to communicate effectively and decisively with business and technical personnel
- Credibility at Executive level
- Sufficient technical credibility to be able to influence the inhouse teams
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475140