Robert Half are working with a law firm who have an exciting opportunity for a Solution Architect to come on board.
As a member of the IT Architecture and Design team, the SA will evolve and design innovative business and technical solutions to allow the firm to grow and operate efficiently, and so deliver a great service to its clients.
The SA will jointly lead on the design of comprehensive business and finance solutions across the business process, data, security, technology and organizational design areas, while complying with international IT and Finance policies and requirements.
- The SA will work across various business and technology areas of the firm and be responsible for understanding the strategy across the business process areas and enterprise on the capabilities provided and translate these into an architecture plan.
- The SA will develop and maintain strategic visions (3 to 5 years) and roadmaps (1 to 3 years) for agreed areas and/or segments of the firm.
- Working with Business Analysts (BA's), the SA will add business or risk driven ideas to the IT Project pipeline list (1 to 18 months) and create Vision summaries for these.
- Once approved Visions have been initiated into projects, the SA will work with the BA's and others to create 'High Level Solution Designs' (HLSD's). It is important to note that these are not just a technical design, they also include Business and Service elements and the key project activities to achieve these.
- The SA will guide projects through delivery, but won't generally "tech lead" or "hands on" deliver the solutions as this is not an IT Developer role.
- The SA will regularly work with many people, including BAs, Business Relationship Managers, Business users (across Practice Groups and International Operations, UK and globally), IT department members (technical and service), suppliers and cloud vendors and provide support, consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, software development/design/architecture
- There will be occasional travel in the UK, some international travel is plausible.
Key Skills and experience required:
- Great at 'Design, documentation and presentation' - The SA role is all about understanding the business objectives and setting out solution design to achieve them.
- Drawing architectural diagrams e.g. in Visio / PowerPoint
- Microsoft technologies and solutions (desktops and servers).
- Client facing / Remote working / Mobile / Cloud solutions.
- Working with professional services applications / workflow solutions. Knowledge of business process design and improvement in Finance Systems, ideally in professional service organisations (ideally law firms).
- Ideally a good knowledge of infrastructure and experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data and technology.
- Ideally exposure to a variety of development methodologies.
The salary on offer is between £60,000 to £65,000 with benefits. Please apply ASAP to be considered as interviews will take place immediately.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: ************************************-statement
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959478410