Mechanical Design Engineer
Entrust people are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a Livingston based Global technology solutions organisation who design and manufacture special purpose machinery and are a leader in their Industry. This contract will initially run for 6 months with a view to extend.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Engineering manager and will provide experience and knowledge to the management ream with regards to technical expertise and practises whilst designing customised equipment for the FMCG and Material handling industry in accordance to functional and quality requirements. You will be an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who is fully conversant with Inventor or (Creo), exposure to Windchill would be highly advantageous. You will have proven prior experience designing similar equipment and have the ability to work under pressure and meet expected deadlines. A self-starter who requires minimal supervision and shows attention to detail and show a willingness to engage and support others in achieving team and organisational goals.
DUTIES OF POST
- Execute project orders related design work
- Execute the mechanical design work according to the teams processes and routines and ensure that all required documentation is produced
- Develop and maintain order specific as well as generic designs, function descriptions and manuals.
- Implement and consider applicable standards related to safety, CE- requirements, traceability of food contact and other.
- Participate in and execute relentless continuous improvements for equipment and work processes
- Participate in design reviews and other quality related exercises
- Cooperate with internal and external partners to ensure that the designs meet customers, internal and legal requirements, regarding function, manufacturing, assembly and maintenance.
- Follow the agreed work plans and dead-lines for the ongoing projects and activities in accordance to the companys quality policy.
- Ensure that the work is done in agreement with the companys procedures and rules (Ethics, IT etc¦)
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / QUALS REQUIRED
- All round understanding of the engineering work and requirements related to this including calculations, CAD, simulations, manufacturing methods, project work.
- IT skills to include experiences with Microsoft Office and engineering specific tools.
- Excellent skill to collaborate with a cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of financial impact of the engineering work.
- Communication skills at all levels internally and externally.
- Must have an appreciation for hands on manual work
- Degree in a Mechanical Design Engineering field or
- Relevant experience of similar engineering work
- Hands on experience of Inventor (or Creo) and Windchill is an advantage.
This role offers an immediate start, competitive rate and the opportunity to work on emerging technology.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959473668