Project Engineering - Team Leader
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join our fast growing and highly successful team here in TGW Northern Europe.
Reporting to the Head of Project Engineering, the Project Engineering Team Leader is responsible for managing the day to day Project Engineering activities of TGWNE. This includes the coordination of all Project Engineers and also acting as Senior Engineering Project Manager for projects within the team when required.
The Team Leader ensures the successful delivery of project engineering design elements for all projects they are responsible for.
- Co-ordinate the day to day activities of the team ensuring that all team members are allocated suitable work or team based tasks, that resources are planned, forecasted and workload issues are resolved.
- Ensure that any additional resource requirements are discussed with the Head of Project Engineering
- Ensure that a lead engineer is accountable for each project.
- Provide budget costs for project engineering resource for sales quotations
- Act as the focal point for their team to discuss issues or analysis/concept design ideas
- Set up regular meetings with the team to identify new approaches, development updates and general alignment of team
- Liaise (and pro-actively encourage the team to liaise) with other units both formally and informally to develop a solution forum where ideas can be exchanged and documented
- Pro-actively engage in regular lessons learned workshops to continually improve solution awareness
- Ensure that the relevant stage-gate processes are adhered to
- Ensure that the necessary health and safety procedures are correctly implemented such that the finished solution can be operated and maintained safely
- Ensure compliance with the all relevant EN and local standards and issuing of the CE certificate for each project.
- Ensure that all projects are value engineered as a part of the detail design process and that the design intent & required performance is maintained
- Ensure that there is a detailed engineering delivery plan for each of the projects being delivered.
- Monitor the delivery against each plan and mitigate slippages where found
- To monitor and pro-actively manage to complete each engineering project within the Estimated budget
- Act as focal point for the Head of Project Engineering to understand current status of all project work within team
- Assist in the recruitment of team members in line with the budget, company procedures and approval processes
- Participate in pre-sales design and project reviews
- Assist in the development and mentoring of team members, ensuring that a training and development plan is in place for all
- Ensure that the project engineering content of all projects is met, on time and within budget.
- Report any serious problems or concerns without delay and to keep the Head of Project Engineering informed on progress and issues in general
- Establish & maintain a positive co-operation and approach throughout the team.
- Communicate effectively with the Head of Project Engineering and team members from contributing departments.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage and support a team
- Strong understanding of the Project Engineering processes within TGW
- Good knowledge of automated equipment and materials handling solution.
- Experienced 2D AutoCAD user
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where task deadlines or requirements can change.
We offer a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and pension, life assurance and 25 days annual holiday. Our onsite Gym and wellness programme is freely available to all employees.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959477687