Specifications Writer / Compliance Officer
Specifications Writer / Compliance Officer Devizes Wiltshire Food Manufacturing
We are recruiting for a Specifications Writer / Compliance Officer role on behalf of a leading FMCG Food Manufacturer based in Wiltshire.
Reporting to the Quality Systems Manager, the role involves:
- Write, maintain and ensure all site finished product specifications meet all safety, legal and customer requirements.
- Ensure all packaging artwork meets all safety, labelling legislation and customer requirements.
- Customer facing role which requires good communication and managing of customer expectations.
- Writing & maintenance of all customer specification systems (M&S, Tesco, Waitrose etc).
- Responding to customer specification queries both internally & externally.
- Liaise with NPD and Commercial team through the development process to ensure all information is captured.
- Maintain current knowledge of customer COPs with regards to specifications and acceptable ingredients, and labelling (M&S A-list and Valid IT).
- Originate, manage and approve artwork with customers and printers ensuring it meets all food safety, legal and customer requirements.
- Writing, maintain and controlling of product labels / date coding.
- Attending NPD and factory SOP meetings and reviewing SOPs against finished product specification.
- Completing food safety rationale and documents for launch of new products
- To support site in all customer & third party visits and audits.
- Undertaking of Internal auditing of site procedures and traceability exercises.
- Supporting the site in all Technical activities as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Retailer specification writing experience
- A retailer food manufacturing background
- Solid knowledge of spec writing and retailer specification data bases for retailer finished product
- Excellent IT skills with sound knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of labelling legislation and food law.
- Knowledge of BRC & HACCP and internal auditing.
Salary: circa £25,000 + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the "Apply" button.
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to people looking for roles in the following: Food Technologist, Food Technician, Technical Assistant, NPD, QA, Quality Assistant, Development Technologist, Food Manufacturing, Specification Writer, Specification Artwork Technologist, Trowbridge, Devizes, Chippenham, Salisbury
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959479441