My client, a successful and growing manufacturing company, is looking to recruit a Management Accountant for their site near Devizes. The successful Management Accountant will play a crucial role within the Finance team, preparing accurate management accounts and other finance information to support the Site FD. If you are a qualified accountant and have Factory / FMCG experience then this role could be for you?
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and delivery of monthly management accounts providing analysis of results versus forecasts and budget, looking also at trends
- Monitoring monthly spend against budgets investigating variances as required to ascertain explanations for over / under spends on department and site P&Ls.
- Producing the monthly balance sheets
- Preparing of quarterly VAT returns and annual tax packs
- Supporting the internal audit process, dealing with queries from the external auditors.
- Assisting the Site FD in dealing with day to day accounts queries and duties.
The successful Management Accountant MUST:
·Experience working in either the Food/FMCG/Manufacturing sector is desired
·Be qualified - ACA/ACCA/CIMA
·Detailed understanding of Commercial, Manufacturing and Costing processes
·Strong knowledge of product costing techniques and Bill of Material management.
·Ability to analyse and interpret variances, and drive business improvement through this
·The job holder should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
·Experience of management accounts and financial controls.
·Experience of being part of a Finance team which has driven business improvement
·Strong computer literacy - advanced excel user and experience of a financial computer systems
The successful candidate can expect to earn a salary of £45k depending on experience together with excellent benefits. The working hours are Monday to Friday.
This role is commutable from Swindon, Trowbridge, Chippenham, Melksham, Devizes, Bath
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959476037