Operational Due Diligence Analyst
Currently recruiting for multiple Investment Management firms based in London.
- Assessing key risks and the control environment of potential hedge fund investments and determining the adequacy of the control environment given the key risks identified.
- Completion of thorough operational risk due diligence reports on hedge fund managers and service providers (administrators, custodians, prime brokers and systems suppliers) on a timely basis.
- Ongoing monitoring of existing investments via direct contact and third party information providers.
- Initiating and leading on-site due diligence meetings with senior staff at hedge fund managers and service providers.
- Identifying areas for improvement in controls at hedge fund managers and discussing these with senior staff in order to facilitate investment.
- Ongoing review of our clients operational review process and identification of areas for development.
- Keeping up-to-date with operational best practice.
- Ad hoc projects such as review of internal systems, ESG oversight.
- Assisting in measuring and monitoring our clients own operational risk and control environment.
- Minimum one to three years' experience assessing operational risk within an investment management/financial services environment.
- Experience in reviewing legal documentation
- Familiarity with different financial products (equity, fixed income, derivatives etc)
- A good understanding of the risks inherent within a wide variety of financial instruments
- Ability to query, challenge and maintain a high degree of professional scepticism
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Team player
- High level of confidence
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959478735