Head of Engineering Projects
A Head of Engineering Projects (Communication, Navigation & Identification) is now required to join a defence & security giant in Southampton.
This position would suit someone with a track record of successfully leading large project / functional teams in order to meet strategic and delivery objectives.
Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job Title: Head of Engineering Projects
Salary: Up to £70,000 per annum
A market leading defence & security prime are now seeking a Head of Engineering Projects to join their growing team in Southampton. This is a permanent opportunity with a competitive salary of up to £70,000 per annum (dependant on experience) + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure the overall engineering solution on time, to cost and performance across all Projects. As Head of Engineering Projects for Communications, Navigation & Identification you would be accountable for execution of engineering management governance in line with policies and overall engineering plans in place showing key milestones and interdependencies are created and maintained for all projects within the sector.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills in order to manage the numerous stakeholders involved in delivering the engineering solutions within an IPT framework, in addition to having a track record of successfully leading large project / functional teams in order to meet strategic and delivery objectives.
- Ability to lead and challenge the multidisciplinary team to develop the concept, detailed design, transition to production, and support of business products.
- Detailed knowledge of the LCM principals (Design Reviews, etc.) for the product.
- Leadership and motivation of all staff within the IPT
- Ability to effectively manage people issues in a professional and fair manner.
- Experience of working with a professional HR team in order to grow the value of our Human Capital.
- An ability to identify efficiency improvements in the delivery of engineering excellence across engineering and the skills to drive change through strong management.
- In depth knowledge of the Engineering Lifecycle with experience chairing Bid reviews, Design reviews and assessing Phase Review deliverables on complex projects.
- Experience in chairing estimate reviews with a clear understanding of the cost drivers in the delivery of Engineering excellence into product IPTs with proven experience as a member of the PCRB review panel.
- Experience of managing the interface with Engineering and other key functions such as Project Management, Procurement, Quality, M&SC, HR and Finance
- Degree qualified in an Engineering Discipline
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on *********** or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959445127