CNC Turner train as a Threadwhirler MUST BE APPRENTICE TRAINED
A fantastic opportunity is now available to join a leading and global supplier of bespoke food and pet food processing machinery. This family owned business has been established for 100 years and now employs over 300 staff at their manufacturing site where machines are produced from concept to completion all under one roof.
My client is now seeking to employ a permanent CNC Turner to be trained up as a Threadwhirler
You will be reporting to the Assistant Production Manager - Components
Salary: £25,666.92 annual salary pa which equates to £13.2766 an hour.
Essential Candidate profile:
- Have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship
- Proficient CNC Turner
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications
- Attention to quality
- Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas
- Flexibility to work nightshift when required
- Able to work well within a team environment and to offer improvement ideas
- Display a high degree of self motivation
- Preferably, already qualified to operate cranes/slings, although training will be provided if
To manufacture, to our drawings, parts that are supplied to our Assembly Shop or direct to customers.
- Operate CNC threadwhirlers
- Programme CNC threadwhirlers
- Self inspection of parts produced
- Work to defined schedules
- Work to planned times
- Be flexible; willing to be multi skilled trained in terms of supporting Operations / turning / grinding
- Maintain a safe and tidy environment in the work area, in line with Health & Safety policies and procedures
Hours of work:
Monday to Thursday 7.30 to 16.00 with 30 minute unpaid lunch breaks
Friday 7:30 -12:30
Overtime for hours worked over 37/week is paid at time and half. Overtime is not guaranteed.
Night shift paid at time and a third
Life Assurance: 3x annual salary
Holiday: 183 hours (= 24 days) basic entitlement, Holiday year runs from 1 April to 31 March. Entitlement during first year is on a pro-rata basis. In addition the Company gives 3 days between Christmas and New Year, and the normal 8 public holidays.
Healthcare: You will be entitled to join the Company's Health Care Scheme, whereby you pay 50% and the Company pays 50% of the cost of Private Health Care cover for you, your partner, and your dependent children, as outlined in the Company's Health Care Scheme document.
Pension: Auto-enrolled into pension from first day of employment - minimum of 5%. Company will match your contribution up to 6% - you can put more in than 6% but the Company will only match up to 6%.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959478388