Systems Administrator - Hammersmith, West London
A new vacancy for an experienced Systems Administrator has come up to join a leading technology company, working in an established team that deliver a high-quality service for a number of high profile clients within the IT sector. As the Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for providing infrastructure support to all internal users. This is a highly visible, hands on, user facing role and enables all employees to work effectively by providing the infrastructure they need to perform their jobs.
It requires a strong working knowledge of Linux, as well as Microsoft Windows, Networking, Security and Telephony. Excellent problem-solving skills and an attention to detail are required, along with first-class people facing skills.
A number of key duties in the Systems Administrator role include:
- Management of Linux for both servers, desktops and virtualisation (CentOS/Ubuntu)
- Management of Network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls et al from multiple vendors such as Cisco, HP
- Experience with a range of network and authentication protocols (LDAP, Kerberos, NFS, HTTP, DNS, 802.1x, etc)
- Support of all Microsoft based services (AD/DHCP/DNS/GPO/NPS/SCCM).
- Provide out of hours /weekend support as part of an on-call rota.
- Provide a structured, hands-on approach to issue resolution, infrastructure projects and environment management.
A number of the key attributes needed for the Systems Administrator role include:
- A sollid background in Linux (will consider all flavours of Linux), and experience of working in a multi-platform environment (Linux/Windows).
- Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and Windows.
- Switches, routers, firewalls, ACL's.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting.
- Monitoring software products such as Nagios.
- A proactive attitude to systems administration is essential.
- Virtualisation products - Xen/VMWare
- Knowledge of security products such as Snort, IDS.
- Checkpoint Firewall knowledge.
- SharePoint and the ability to maintain/configure the SharePoint web pages/libraries/permissions.
The benefits include season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, chill-out areas (including a pool table and games console) and working in a creative, yet relaxed atmosphere.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience) + benefits
Location: Hammersmith, West London
Start Date: ASAP
Please apply immediately for consideration!
Understanding Recruitment is acting as an agency on behalf of this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959479219