Field Service Engineer
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Home Based
Salary: £28,700 basic OTE £40,000
Start Date: Immediate
Our client is a leading manufacturer of electrical machinery used to melt metals. Due to continued expansion they are now looking for a Field Service Engineer to join their existing team. This is a home based role with various worldwide travel. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out commissioning and installation of our clients? complex machines. There will be full product training provided however a strong Electronics / Electrical Engineering background educated to HNC / HND level is essential.
Please note this is job includes extensive worldwide travel up to 60% of the time, location will vary but the general time away from home is 1-2 weeks at a time, upon returning to the UK there will be time off for rest and recuperation and when not overseas you will be based from home either travelling to the office or carrying out commissioning / installation jobs in the UK.
SALARY £28,700 basic + overtime & overseas allowance, OTE £40,000+
Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be required to travel worldwide which will involve frequent overnight stays to locations such as China, South Africa, Slovakia, Poland, Korea and Egypt as well as any other locations required by the customer.
- Attend breakdowns and fault find by stripping down machines to component level.
- Identifying faults and repairing a wide variety of electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment.
- When back in the UK you may be required to attend the office in Basingstoke, Hampshire.
Field Service Engineer applicant requirements:
- The successful candidate must be educated to HNC / HND level in Electrical / Electronic Engineering and have demonstrable experience within a ?hands on? engineering role.
- Strong technical background within a similar role.
- Experience of heavy plant machinery such as UPS systems and Water Cooling Systems.
- Electrical / Electronic and Mechanical skills are essential for this role.
- Ability to fault find discreet electronics such as resistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, chips, transformers, thyristors, transistors, water cooling systems, electric motors, pumps, gearboxes and rollers.
- You must be flexible as this role involves the majority of work being overseas and when at home you will need to be able to commute into the office if needed. Travel could be anywhere from 1-2 weeks away up to a maximum of 6 weeks depending on the needs of the customer but all expenses are paid for by the company.
Field Service Engineer benefits:
- £28,700 basic salary, OTE £40,000.
- 25 days plus 8 stats holiday plus extra additional leave for rest and recuperation.
- Employer contributory pension.
- Mobile plus laptop and test equipment.
- Company work-wear provided.
- Car Allowance £4,800 plus Overseas Allowance plus Overtime Allowance.
- Monday ? Thursday 8.30am-4.30pm, Friday 8am-3.30pm.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475671