Content Editor / London / 6 Months Contract /19 to 20 GBP (Per Hour)
The client who is a global leader in technology would like to recruit a Content Editor for an initial 6 months to join their team in London.
The successful candidate will have experience creating, editing and commissioning arts and culture content for digital publications. They should have a keen interest in museums and the arts, aware of which exhibits are currently showing, and know their Manets from Monets. But, most importantly, they will excel at making art, history and culture stories enjoyable and easily understandable by those who aren?t experts or academics. Experience in curating clickable headlines and an understanding of what makes a story shareable is a must.
- Commissioning editorial features ? either as standalone features, or to help support new partner launches, marketing moments and other promotional opportunities across the company
- Writing culture stories (topical or evergreen)
- Work closely with Head of Editorial on production calendar of original stories and commissioned stories
- Helping to copy-edit and give judgement checks to copy across my clients Arts & Culture platform
- 1-2 years experience editing and commissioning work from freelance writers/third party contributors for an online publications (Time Out, BBC Culture, etc)
- Equally comfortable turning out quick 300 word stories as they are working on longer features that require interviews and research
- Self-starter, used to writing for tight deadlines
- Very organised and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to forward-plan
If you match these requirements, please apply in the normal way. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action that email and your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959477437