Business Intelligence Developer (MSBI) 3
PPAV is seeking a full-time Business Intelligence Developer. This position is responsible for creating and managing BI Solutions that turn data into knowledge by designing, developing, implementing and maintaining business intelligence solutions that will form the basis for dashboards and reports that will drive business operation and strategic decision making.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Overall responsibility and accountability for designing a BI and Big Data environment from ETL (extract, transform, load) through to the End User applications.
- Analyze, define and prioritize business requirements, participate in gathering functional and technical requirements.
- Design, develop and maintain relational data models, metadata models, reporting and metrics using BI tools such as Microsoft, QlikView, Tableau.
- Translate business needs into data requirements, design complex, interactive/dynamic reports and dashboards with QlikView, Tableau and MS PowerBI
- Create reusable templates and frameworks that can be used to support reporting and dashboards
- Troubleshoot and diagnose performance issues
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting of Spark/SQL performance when using Impala, SQL/Spark engine.
- Perform database tuning and optimization in My SQL, SQL Server environment to increase overall performance.
- Ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous projects
- Work with the QA team through deployment
- Ability to work with the storage, network, database, and business intelligence teams to provide data quality and high availability
- Strong ETL Design experience using BI (Microsoft, QlikView, Tableau, Hadoop) Products.
- Strong data modeling methodologies such as Star Schemas and Normalization
- Proficient with Microsoft technologies (SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS)
- Must have relational database experience using SQL Server Enterprise, MySQL, and Data Warehouse concepts.
- Ability to work with customers to gather requirements, Problem-solving and debugging skills
- Experience in an Agile / Scrum framework
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as QlikView, Tableau, and PowerBI
- Good knowledge in enterprise data architecture combined with prior experience to lead enterprise strategic engagements that focus on BI, Master Data Management, Data Governance, Data Quality, Predictive Analytics and Data Warehousing.
- Good understanding about SQL and NoSQL Databases.
- Proven analytical and organizational skills with excellent written and oral communication skills
Qualifications and Skills
- Applicants must have the minimum of a Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Mathematics / Science/ Engineering.
- Masters Degree is Desirable but not essential
Note: Closing date for application 5th December 2017
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959479539