Applications Support Team Leader / Manager (Central London)
Applications Support Team Leader is required to lead and provide high quality technical application and systems support to various business functions.
Responsibilities include providing input to the IT Strategy in developing and modernising the company?s application infrastructure, enabled by Enterprise architecture (EA) principles and concepts.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience of incident and change management processes
- Experience with supporting multi-tier applications
- Supervisory or management experience within an enterprise network environment supporting critical business applications, including recruitment and selection, 1:1s, appraisals, individual and team performance, KPIs, attendance, etc...
- Understanding / Appreciation of the TOGAF 9.1 Framework
- Degree qualification in related ICT field or equivalent experience
- ITIL V3 qualified
- MS SQL Server (2005/2008/2012/2014)
- Scripting (Visual Basic 6.0, MS Visual Studio)
- Expertise in VB.Net, C# and ASP.Net
- Database Administration and SharePoint.
- Experience of working in public sector / charity organisations an advantage.
- Manage, lead and prioritise the Application Support team?s work load and provide technical leadership, acting as a technical resource for internal and external projects.
- Monitor and manage progression of requests and ensure there are robust procedures and processes within the application support function remit.
- Working closely with the test and infrastructure teams to ensure adequate testing before deployment and new systems/application changes are implemented to the appropriate standards.
- Drive improvements within the application support team and maintain specialist knowledge of the technologies and vendors.
- Provide technical and architectural documentation for existing applications and contribute to conceptual architectures sessions with Enterprise Architects to shape the future Application landscape according to the business strategy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475785