Head of Data Platforms
Head of Data Platforms
Up to £90k + Package
London near Waterloo
As part of a media business that reaches an audience of 30 million people every week, you will play an integral role in the adoption of data driven decision making by taking responsibility for the blueprint of the data landscape across the groups data platforms.
This includes customer data platforms built on Amazon Redshift and digital data platforms built on Google BigQuery. Your role will be to ensure the design has security and privacy at its core whilst ensuring the business can easily access what they need to drive value from the data. A such a background in data architecture and data modelling will be particularly relevant for this role.
Strong experience of the following is expected:
- Success as a solutions architect, data architect, data modeller and leading the design of data warehouses and big data solutions
- Working with customer-centric data warehouses, big data systems that house digital data (raw logs or real-time streaming data associated with web analytics, digital advertising, DMPs etc) and / or content systems that house raw content and associated metadata.
- Designing data architectures that meet requirements for data and compliance regulations such as GDPR.
- Outstanding SQL (driven by a desire to understand the data you work with better
- than anybody else)
- Consulting skills, working with a diverse and exciting range of business stakeholders, and translating business requirements into technical requirements for data engineering teams, and technical considerations into business language for stakeholders
- Working as part of, or alongside, Agile delivery teams that utilise backlogs, user stories and value driven prioritisation of deliverables using agile tools and techniques.
- Prioritisation of many competing demands to drive value from data activities
- A background, exposure to, or interest in any of the following is a benefit: software engineering / data engineering / data science - in particular working with data architectures built on the Amazon (Redshift + S3) and Google cloud (GCP and BigQuery), and working with a mix of ETL tools (Python based, SAS etc).
If this exciting opportunity sounds of interest please apply here and we'll be in touch with more detail.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959477224