Chief Product Officer
The objective of the Chief Product Officer is to have global revenue and profit contribution responsibility for assigned product/s.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Drive a solution set across development teams through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Play an active leadership role in responding quickly to market based issues faced by our regional teams. This will involve working with Support and Development to assess the impact and represent solutions and options back to senior management
Analytics and Research:
- Research and report on customer trends by segment - quartlery reviews
- Research and report on competitor tracking monthly
- Management of Market Research and Competitive Intelligence
- Conduct various interviews, including win/loss and post-engagement client interviews/surveys to identify trends and make recommendations to senior leadership
Gather and Translate User Requirements:
- Conducts usability tests
- Ability to elicit with users/businesses and articulate requirements to the Tech/Dev team
- Assist in prioritision of user stories/backlogs
- Manages the assessment of backlog creation and prioritisaiton
- Act as intermediary between developers and stakeholders
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the market and industry
- Thorough understanding of user desires and issues
- Ability to brainstorm practical solutions for common industry use-cases
Accountabilities & Performance Measures:
o Market Share
- Responsible for the Product P&L
- Works collaboratively with markets to manage revenue opportunities
- Managess the cost base - Capex and Opex
- Recommends investment decisions based on CBA
- Grows Market share
- Develops global product revenue opportunities
- Drives global product contribution
- Bridges inter department communication
- Sales, Marketing, Technology, Customer Service, Professional Services, Operations, Finance
- Communicates with Technology teams and business - reason for development, oversees progress, owns completion
- Translate Technical issues
- Explain technical/architectural complexities to project stakeholders
- Internal and external production communication (Each release before and after)
* Creative problem solver
* Experienced in the Agile process
* Experience of Product Management and owning one or more products in an Agile environment that fall under an over arching vision and strategy
* Experience in creation of detailed functional and technical requirements
* Experience gathering thoughts and feedback from users and taking this and feeding into the product strategy.
* Experience evangelising products.
* Experience collaborating with engineering teams for execution of product build
* Experience of the full product life cycle
* Experience of people management
Previous Work Experience & Education:
* Proven product management experience in a professional technology organization
* Experience of leading a team, mentoring junior members, inspiring the team by defining and communicating a vision and process
* Exposure to the BI/Analytics tools/languages such as Business Objects, Tableau,
* Good experience of the Agile software development paradigm, knowledge of test, measure and learn.
* Ability to implement and execute on a Product process
* Experience of managing many and varied stakeholders
* Computer science background
* MBA or Master's in computer science nice to have
* 5+ years of professional product management and marketing experience
* Previous Sales and Marketing experience desirable
* Innovative and creative skills
* In depth understanding of a relevant marketplace
* The ability to analyse and predict market trends
* Prince2 and relevant marketing qualifications would be an advantage
* Critical and strategic thinker
* Collaborative, versatile, analytical, problem solver
* Strong commercial acumen
ITHR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. ITHR Group is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959478240