Principal Engineer IoT / IoE
Principal IoT Engineer / IoE Engineer
Amazing opportunity for a Principal IoT Engineer / IoE Engineer to work with a major Bristol based government project's development of the infrastructure and platform for experimentation in the Internet of Things (IoT) and / or the Internet of Everything (IoE) with strong links to the data and computing technologies supporting them.
The experience we need.
* Minimum Master's Degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent engineering discipline.
* Knowledge of IoT-specific technologies and protocols (e.g. CoAP, LWM2M, etc.)
* Notions on constrained-resources computing devices (i.e. Single Board Computers)
* Knowledge of IoT-specific platforms (e.g. FIWARE, Intel, etc.)
* Knowledge of networking and network management
* Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, bash, PHP, etc.)
* Understanding of software design for distributed systems and SQL/non-relational databases
* Understanding of serving/consuming web service APIs
* Notions of hardware programmability for SBC, white boxes or FPGA boards
* Understanding of cloud systems (OpenStack or public clouds)
* Knowledge on Software Defined Networking (SDN) & Network Function Virtualisation (NFV)
* Knowledge on Linux Containers or similar technologies (e.g. LXC, Docker, etc.)
* Experience on open source code development and management tools (e.g. Git, Ansible, etc.)
* Ability to work in and for the team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability and desire to learn quickly
* Ability to work to deadlines while demonstrating a track record for innovation and creativity
The Principal IoT Engineer / IoE Engineer will create and lead solutions & technology for Internet of Things experiments. The role will include system design, network design and development of proofs of concept leveraging on existing software tools. Also integration with a private cloud system (OpenStack) will be needed to ensure the solution is replicable, so the candidate may face cloud/edge computing engineering problems.
Successful delivery of this plan will be critical to achieving the prime objective: economic growth and job creation for Bristol. Being part of a project which includes collaboration between the technology, media & telecommunications industry, universities, local communities, and local and national government.
What you'll get in return.
A genuinely unique and challenging career opportunity to use your engineering and communications skills in a newly created position. The IoT Engineer / IoE Engineer can expect to join a world class systems engineering team, interfacing with High Performance Networks, Radio Systems and Wireless Communication Systems functions.
How to apply
If this sounds of interest then please click apply or forward your CV to Rachael Ellison at Rethink Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475432