Senior Business Manager
Senior Business Manager
The Senior Business Manager will play a key role in supporting the Head of Business Delivery and ultimately the Accountable Executive to ensure delivery of the Digital and open banking agenda. The role will undertake management of business planning, running key high profile meetings and committees, agendas, communications strategy and reporting business progress and involvement in various business related projects as required.
Our team is at the forefront of designing, building and running the digital channel across BUK. We are responsible for creating world class solutions that are unequivocally the best in banking and accelerating commercial growth across all channels, by promoting relevant, timely and highly personalised solutions through the customer's channel of choice. Through collaboration and the power of analytics we unlock great insight and customer content. We are also responsible for leading Barclays UK's (BUK) response to disaggregation -a significant threat and opportunity across BUK.
As a Senior Business Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Providing leadership to the wider business in developing business governance, our people agenda, and culture across Digital and Open Banking.
* Supporting adherence to and communication of the governance frameworks and policies utilised within the team and will look for opportunities to enhance effectiveness.
* Responsibility for preparation of agendas and supporting papers for key senior meetings and ensuring accurate minute recording and follow up on actions.
* Delivering monthly business KPI reporting to track progress against our key deliverables.
* Presentation to very senior audiences
* Providing adhoc, general and project support to the Head Of Business delivery and CEO in line with the management agenda as required
As a Senior Business Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
* Proven experience of managing/leading cross-functional, matrix based activities and/or projects
* A high level of emotional intelligence is a requirement as this person will be required to be attuned to the 'mood' of the business and their stakeholders
* Strong organizational skills and proven ability in project management
* Very strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with senior colleagues
* Proven ability to take on ambiguous tasks, without the requirement for structure and process, and then deliver with clear/meaningful output in a style suitable for the intended audience
* Expert MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.