Mechanical Systems Support Engineer
Job Title: Mechanical Systems Support Engineer
Req ID: 99071BR
Summary of Role
The ASTOR Mechanical Systems Support Engineer is responsible for the in-service support of the Air Vehicle (Sentinel RMk1) Mechanical Systems and reports to the Lead Engineer, Design Support Services - Mechanical Systems based at RAF Waddington. The position requires knowledge and experience of aircraft structures and mechanical systems, particularly on mid to large size transport aircraft, with a focus on military variants. This role is ideally suited to an experienced engineer but may also suit ex-Service personnel with Project Team experience. The successful candidate will also be part of the growing Airborne Solutions Team which delivers aviation engineering expertise across a wide range of projects to both military and civil customers worldwide.
The Mechanical Systems Support Engineer will be part of a team and report to the Lead Engineer, Mechanical Systems within the DTES organisation of the ASTOR Whole Life Support Team. They will be responsible for:
- Liaising with our MOD Customer to ensure tasks and issues are appropriately completed.
- Analysis of structural and mechanical flight systems issues, determination of actions and solutions, working in accordance with the task database management tool.
- Liaison with OEM?s re defect investigations and corrective actions
- Developing modification proposals with OEMs for Aircraft structural and mechanical modifications and enhancements.
- Progressing structural and mechanical modifications in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Providing inputs to the ASTOR Configuration Control Board and take part in Configuration Audits.
- Ensuring that all engineering activities are conducted in accordance with RSL site procedures that reflects best practice, and is in accordance with Raytheon UK and MAA procedures.
- Support to formal customer reviews, including the Structural Integrity Working Group and Local Technical Committees.
- Degree or equivalent in Aeronautical or Mechanical Systems Engineering discipline or Military Aircraft Mechanical experience in an MOD project team role.
- Knowledge and experience with aircraft mechanical flight systems.
- Familiarity with and use of Aircraft Structural Repair Manuals.
- Understanding of RAF Aircraft Documentation.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows based software.
- Eligible for or Holder of current SC security clearance (RSL will sponsor as required).
- Knowledge and experience of the Bombardier Global Express Aircraft, Mechanical Flight Systems, structures, MAA Regulatory Articles, Def Stan 00-970 and FAR Part 25 regulations.
- Familiarity with working in a Continued Airworthiness environment under Part M approval.
- Knowledge of FAR Part 25 and UK MAA Military certification and safety regulations.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959474170