Record to Report Accountant
General Description of Job:
General Financial Accounting / Record to Report & analysis support role
Reporting to the Reporting Accountant, support the continuous improvement projects and undertake the transactional processing services relating to Record to Report activities.
This will include:-
* Production and support of the Record to Report processes e.g. Fixed Assets, Stock, Intercompany.
* Supporting identified continuous improvement projects on behalf of the Finance function.
* Responding to queries from customers of the Record to Report service.
* Ensuring the service is delivered to meet or exceed the key performance indicators as referred in the Service Level Agreements.
* Identifying opportunities to improve the service.
* Reporting on Record to Report operations including any issues faced in satisfying the customer demands.
Security Criteria to be achieved:
* MOD SC Security clearance.
* Other security clearances as contracts demand.
Key outputs/deliverables will be:
* Deliver and work with colleagues to deliver timely and technically accurate standardised Divisional financial accounting e.g. depreciation postings; intercompany accounting; other general ledger postings as agreed; and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
* Performance statistics to represent target related reporting as agreed through the Service Level Agreements.
* Recommend amendments to the Business Processes, associated work instructions and controls supporting Record to Report.
* Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the services provided ensuring engagement with individuals who can validate and progress those opportunities.
* Materials in support of internal and external audit requirements.
* Production of timely and technically accurate Fixed Asset account ledger postings.
* Production of timely and technically accurate reports in support of the above.
* Respond to requests for transfer of funds between intercompany accounts internal and external to the Division ensuring compliance with VAT rules and ensure consistency of application across those accounts.
* Respond to requests for standard general ledger accounting postings.
* Produce monthly balance sheet reconciliations in support of the activities above.
* Effective, accurate and timely response to queries.
* Supporting continuous improvement projects through to completion.
Additional Key Accountabilities
Providing input to and support of, internal and external audit requirements.
Identifying opportunities to improve the service.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
* Experience of financial accounting - Essential
* Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed - Essential
Skills & Competencies
Key Technical Skills / competencies
* Significant experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook - Essential
* Experience of Finance IT applications (e.g. SAP, BPC, NAV, IFS etc.)
Key Leadership & People Management skills
Effective matrix management of the customers of the service and the other functional units within the Finance team - Desirable
* Adopts a customer-centric approach to delivery of service.
* A demonstrable team player with an ability to help motivate those working with them.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to influence and negotiate to ensure key decisions, deadlines and targets are met.
* Ensure adherence to defined processes and work instructions.
* Demonstrate an ability to identify issues faced and to find solutions to those issues pro-actively.
* Excellent time management skills.
Behavioural and Leadership Competency Profile:
* Strives for excellence in all actions.
* Focuses on the delivery of results.
* Manages time effectively.
* Accepts responsibility for personal actions, behaviours and choices.
Leading Innovation and Change
* Demonstrates a willingness to adjust ideas or perceptions based on changing demands and conditions.
* Accepts the need for flexibility.
* Is open-minded in trying new ideas.
* Listens to other people's points of view.
* Reviews current working practices to improve quality and efficiency.
Leading People and Teams
* Willingly cooperates and puts in extra effort when needed to help others.
* Seeks input from others when making decisions.
* Behaves professionally and consistently towards all team members, regardless of sex, race, gender or age.
* Seeks feedback on own performance, taking action where necessary.
* Communicates in a clear and consistent manner.
Leading Customer Focus
* Recognises the importance of the customer to the business.
* Provides prompt, efficient and personal assistance in meeting customer requirements.
* Treats all customers with respect and responds to them in a pleasant and friendly way.
* Maintains personal composure when faced with difficult behaviour.
Actively contributes to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination and fair to everyone.
Seeks to understand other's viewpoints.
Sets a positive example of behaviour to others.
Ensures that 100% of own behaviour is safe.
Takes action to ensure the safety of others.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for any Record to Report Accountant looking to work for a reputable Organisation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475074