ANDROID DEVELOPER - CONTRACT - TELECOMMUNICATIONS
Android Developer - Telecommunications - Contract
Our client is a small, friendly business that has just moved into the brand new Innovation Centre at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford. It?s an amazing office, surrounded by lots of other innovative businesses and technologies.
They place a huge value on work-life balance so offer the option of working at home if you?d like to fit in around your family and avoid long, daily commutes (who doesn?t)?most of us do this a lot, three of the team members are based out in Thailand and the CEO has been known to work from his VW campervan in Spain when required. Or of course you can spend as much time as you?d like to at the new London office.
Since 2008, my client have provided solutions to large telecommunications companies and millions of users worldwide, a call recording solution for the financial sector and a visual voicemail app for consumers with an exciting new product on the way this March.
Their aim is to develop more Android applications over the coming years that will make communication easier and also help their millions of users achieve a work-life balance.
They are expanding their team to help with this new phase and as a small business, are in need of a skilled Android Developer who has a lot of ideas and initiative and can be relied upon to deliver to deadlines that they agree on as a team. The team has quite an informal approach but also work very hard so need someone who can fit into their way of being straight away.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- ORM (room)
- Firebase cloud messaging
- Background processing
- Audio Framework
- In-app subscription
- Hands-on development: analyse product specifications, design implementations, write code and rapidly deliver Android app feature designs.
- Contribute technical ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product
- Maintain build systems and write unit tests
- Review analytics and performance metrics to draw conclusions and drive change
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent analytical skills
- A natural understanding and interest in technology and content creation.
- Strong and clear communication skills (i.e. happy to present to senior management)
- Vision & gravitas to deliver stretching goals, in an undefined environment where change is constant
- Up for the challenge of working within a fast-paced, hands-on, rapidly changing start-up environment
- Intelligence, positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy, sense of humour.
If this all sounds good, It would be great to hear from you if you think you have the experience that our client requires.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959474576