Lead Linux Engineer
Lead Linux Engineer
Salary: Up to £55,000 + Bonus and Benefits
"Lead Linux Engineer" / Linux / Redhat / Infrastructure / "Technical Support"
We are currently seeking a talented Lead Linux Engineer to join the Infrastructure Team working for a leading blue-chip company. You will be providing technical expertise in the deployment and development of service Infrastructure.
The Role - Lead Linux Engineer:
- Design and drive processes to contribute to the smooth deployment of new services.
- You will install, analyse, test, troubleshoot and modify new equipment solutions.
- Proactively provide technical expertise in the development and deployment of server infrastructure.
- You will have full responsibility for the production and update of High and Low level design from sign off to delivery.
- Contribute to project work.
- Be the 3rd/4th line escalation point for technical support.
- Create documentation for engineering build procedures.
- Provide technical leadership for the team (This can be trained if you have been the senior member of a linux or infrastructure team previously)
- Assume the role of Design Authority in area of expertise.
Skills and Attributes required for the Lead Linux Engineer: :
- Experience supporting databases run on Redhat
- At least 3 years working in a hands-on role working on Linux Infrastructure
- Working knowledge of automation/ management tools - cobbler/kickstart/satellite/chef/puppet
- Solid experience being the final escalation point.
- Solid experience with VMware
- Working experience of design architecture and documentation.
Benefits of working with the company:
The successful Lead Linux Engineer will be joining a leading blue-chip organisation and a meritocratic environment that reward hard work and talent. As well as offering the Lead Linux Engineer a competitive salary the company also offer an extensive benefits package including an extremely competitive bonus and contributory pension and an increasing annual leave allowance. They invest in bleeding edge technology and are a very forward-thinking organisation.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to join their talented team. To apply follow the links or send your CV directly to Jessica Bolton: ********************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959476918