Unified Comms & Messaging Systems Engineer, Leeds, up to £35k
Unified Communications and Messaging Systems Engineer, Leeds City Centre, up to £35k
An exciting Communications Infrastructure Engineer role has become available, working with a multi-national company based in Leeds City Centre. The primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be to support the email and unified communications infrastructure; delivering services to a 6000 user EMEA. The primary technologies used in day to day tasks include: Exchange 2010, Lync/Skype for Business, Cisco CES and Office 365.
The day to day responsibilities include:
- Assist in the technical resolution of live incidents within the On Premises Exchange and Lync, Office 365, and Cloud E-mail services, by communicating with the relevant teams and providing technical solutions.
- Take responsibility for the identification and investigation of all supported service issues, perform root cause analysis, implement suitable solutions and report back conclusions.
- Conduct live service monitoring, using tools such as SCOM, Exchange test scripts and PowerShell.
- Look after Incidents and Problems queues in the IT Service Management System, and escalate further issues to the Service Manager.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience and attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years software/hardware technical support experience in large infrastructure systems supporting Microsoft Directory Services, and Exchange 2010/13 in Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008 environments.
- Microsoft Office 365
- Exchange 2010/2013/2016 implementation and migration experience along with related Microsoft Active Directory expertise, both install and support
- Experience with Cloud Services such as Cisco and Mimecast
- An understanding of NLB technologies, namely Citrix NLB
- Experience email encryption technologies
- An understanding of ITIL practices
- Excellent collaboration skills and communication skills both written and verbal
- Familiar working in a global environment
- The ability to work effectively under time and pressure constraints
This is an exciting opportunity to tackle a large variety of technical issues, and work with a knowledgeable team in a fast paced and dynamic environment. If you are interested in a chat about the role, send in your CV and I will give you a call!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959472538