R&D Engineer - IoT / Internet of Things
R&D Engineer - Internet of Things
Brilliant opportunity for a R&D Engineer to work with a major Bristol based government project's development of the infrastructure and platform for experimentation in the area of Internet of Things (IoT) or Internet of Everything (IoE).
The experience we need.
* Minimum Master's Degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent engineering discipline
* Hands on experience in sensor hardware and open sensor platforms (e.g. Intel Edison, Arduino)
* Proven experience in UNIX (Linux)
* Knowledge on Service Oriented Architecture systems (API definition and management)
* Hands on experience in scripting languages (Python)
* Hands on experience with an IoT platform (e.g. Nokia Impact, FIWARE, ThingWorx, etc.)
* Understanding of software design for distributed systems and SQL/non-relational databases
* Knowledge in networking
* Knowledge in scripting languages (Ruby, bash, PHP, etc.)
* Knowledge on FIWARE IoT stack
* Knowledge of IoT-specific technologies and protocols (e.g. CoAP, MQTT, LWM2M, etc.)
* Understanding of cloud systems (OpenStack or public clouds)
* Notions on constrained-resources computing devices (i.e. Single Board Computers)
* Knowledge on Linux Containers or similar technologies (e.g. LXC, Docker, etc.)
* Ability to work in and for the team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient skills in a second language besides English
* Ability and desire to learn quickly
* Ability to work to deadlines while demonstrating a track record for innovation and creativity
A great position for a R&D Engineer to work on all the aspects associated to running experiments and projects that use IoT infrastructure. The development will include application code, systems automation and related tools and scripts. Additionally, integration with a private cloud system (OpenStack) will be needed to ensure the solution is replicable. The solution will be open-source and compliant with a number of open standards for IoT, to be defined.
Successful delivery of this plan will be critical to achieving the prime objective: economic growth and job creation for Bristol. Being part of a project which includes collaboration between the technology, media & telecommunications industry, universities, local communities, and local and national government.
What you'll get in return.
A genuinely unique and challenging career opportunity to use your engineering and communications skills in a newly created position. The R&D IoT / IoE Engineer can expect to join a world class systems engineering team, interfacing with High Performance Networks, Radio Systems and Wireless Communication Systems functions.
How to apply
If this sounds of interest then please click apply or forward your CV to Rachael Ellison at Rethink Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475269