Assistant Bursar - Finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are partnering with an impressive private school in Thorpe to actively recruit an Assistant Bursar - Finance to join a fast-paced team on a temp-to-perm basis.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the successful candidate will have 5 direct reports in finance and payroll in the Business Office.
This role would suit an aspiring Bursar seeking to gain further insight into the business support function in a large international school.
- In conjunction with the Bursar, prepare the annual budget and underlying budget scenarios
- Closing of the Annual Accounts and management of the Audit process and preparation of the Audit file
- Undertake the Cash management process and the preparation of periodic cash flow forecast reports
- Management of the Summer School contracts and work permit application process
- Assist and support the Bursar in all activities associated with the School's financial management system
- Producing draft, annual statutory accounts for the school with all supporting schedules for the purposes of the annual audit
- Preparing pay schedules for annual salary reviews and the production of annual salary letters for the Head of School and Bursar to approve
- Reports on restricted assets and liabilities, restricted income and expenditure and the provision of fundraising, management and statutory information relating to those funds
- Preparing statements of in-year income and expenditure for the management accounts each term for the School's restricted funds
- Report to the Finance Committee and/or Board as required by the Bursar
- To support the Bursar with other duties within the Business Office commensurate with the general grade and character of this role
The successful Assistant Bursar - Finance will be / have:
- Fully qualified accountant (ICAEW/ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Good line management skills
- Ability to work to and meet multiple and tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at different levels, with colleagues, parents, Directors and outside agencies
- Strong IT and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of the education section would be an advantage but not essential
The client are a fast-paced private school based in Thorpe. The Assistant Bursar - Finance will be supported in all aspects of the role and enjoy a lovely working environment.
Salary & Benefits
The role is being offered at competitive day rates as an interim before being made a permanent salaried employee. Other benefits information available upon request.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: ************************************-statement
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959479168