Network Engineer (Prime and ISE)
Network Engineer (Cisco) ? Prime / ISE
Network and Security Manager
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus scheme
Your responsibilities will cover the 3rd line support of our fully managed and telephone support Cisco customers as well as our own internal networks and Datacentres. Whilst the role is primarily R&S you will also be the expected to lead on any Prime/ISE related issues.
- Provide 3rd line technical support for all Cisco network and security customers (internal and external), trouble shooting, diagnosing and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agree SLAs and escalating to the vendor where required.
- Take the technical lead on any Prime infrastructure related issues for customers (both internal and external) and ensure knowledge share with the wider team.
- Design and implement configuration changes on behalf of customers, following the relevant change management process.
- Liaise with other Operations Centre engineers and 3rd Party suppliers for issues around networking and security issues outside of Cisco technologies i.e. Check Point.
- Contribute to the design of new fully managed customer solutions, advising the Technical Architect team where required.
- Assist with the onboarding of new Managed customers (both Greenfield and existing site solutions).
- Provide Service Managers with technical support during customer escalations.
Additionally, you?ll be required to take part in an on-call roster (one week in four)
Skills & Experience
Proven expertise in the set up and troubleshooting of:
- Cisco Prime
- Cisco wireless
- ASA/PIX firewall
- Cisco 5K 7K and 9K
- Background working in an Operations Centre / NOC / customer support environment (internal or external).
- CCNP (Preferably R&S)
- CCNA/CCNP Wireless
- Cisco Unified Comms
- Check Point
- F5 Big IP
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK?s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business.
At Softcat we show our appreciation for our employees by offering them a full range of benefits and perks including free breakfast, regular team and company-wide events, pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers and many more.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959431419