Computing Engineer / DevOps Engineer
Principal Computing Engineer / DevOps Engineer
Incredible opportunity for a Principal Computing Engineer / DevOps Engineer to work on the development of the infrastructure and platform for experimentation within a major Bristol based government project's computer offering. Opportunity to join an expanding team working on innovative technology.
The experience we need.
* BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
* Ideally 5+ years of solid experience as DevOps Engineer / Computing Engineer
* Experience in data-centre systems and/or cloud environments (at least OpenStack)
* Experience in 24x7 uptime and high availability environments
* Knowledge on network management (Infiniband and packet networks in general)
* Experience with version control (Git preferred)
* Extensive knowledge of UNIX based systems including hardware and software
* Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
* Experience in development with scripting languages
* Practical experience of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Knowledge on Compute Engine Management (i.e. Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
* Knowledge on HPC systems (opencompute, Trinity)
* Knowledge on OpenDayLight and Cloud Foundry technologies
* Ability to work in and for the team (comfortable with Agile methodologies)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability and desire to learn quickly
* Ability to work to deadlines while demonstrating a track record for innovation and creativity
A committed DevOps / Computing Engineer will join the Engineering Team to contribute to the projects and experiments running in Bristol. The Principal Engineer will own on all the aspects associated to the computing environment - the private cloud, the HPC facility and the future edge computing offering. The DevOps / Computing Engineer will also participate in the R&D projects working with European and International stakeholders
Successful delivery of this plan will be critical to achieving the prime objective: economic growth and job creation for Bristol. Being part of a project which includes collaboration between the technology, media & telecommunications industry, universities, local communities, and local and national government.
What you'll get in return.
A genuinely unique and challenging career opportunity to use your computer engineering and communications skills in a newly created position. The Computing / DevOps Engineer can expect to join a world class systems engineering team, interfacing with High Performance Networks, Radio Systems and Wireless Communication Systems functions.
How to apply
- If this sounds of interest then please click apply or forward your CV to Rachael Ellison at Rethink
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475466