Located in Bradford, our client is one of the oldest lamp businesses in the UK, founded in 1870's their unique selling points are its brand, comprehensive product portfolio, customer service and product quality.
Main Role Outlined
The company are Ideally looking for someone with basic accounting knowledge. You might have already studied the AAT qualification or have a degree. The job role will be very varied and you will get involved with a broad range of duties. Attention to detail is required with the ability to adapt quickly to office procedures.
In addition you will have good people skills, good awareness of deadlines and have the ability to work as part of an accounts team.
Job Requirments / Duties
- Preparing VAT return for two companies and submitting them online to HMRC.
- Responsible for all payroll duties for two companies which include time checking for warehouse people, payment adjustment calculation, posting all related Journals to sage, transfer payments to bank, handling payslips and RTI submission
- Calculate PAYE & NIC's monthly payment and reconciling them with HMRC.
- P60 & P11 reconciling for tax year end routine.
- Calculate monthly pension's contribution for two companies and submit figures to AVIVA website for them to deduct payment.
- Cover for other accounts staff when not in office
- Helping with all accounting queries.
- Monthly accruals and prepayment calculations.
- Input in Rebate and settlement discount calculations
- Month end routine for two companies that includes checking everything is posted to sage and bank reconciliation is done correctly.
- Calculate detailed supplier payment forecasts
- Responsible for posting all transactions both side sales & purchase, paying suppliers and reconciling bank for internet based company.
- Helping company accountant with management accounts for two sets of company accounts
- Month end accounts close down
- Reconciling duties for year end audit visit and help auditors with queries and information for year-end audit. Preparation of two year-end audit packs
- Sage payroll and sage 200 systems used by the companies
- If possible some internet company knowledge (but not mandatory)
The company will offer the right candidate professional accounting qualification training (ACCA / CIMA) under the Apprenticeship Levy scheme over the course of 3 years.
If you have the right skills and want to be part of an exciting, growing and independent company then please click "Apply Now" - Your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959478006