Powertrain Technician, automotive research and development testing, brand new, world class powertrain testing facility, double day shift, £25K - £32K basic salary PLUS shift premium additional £3K - £5K per annum. Job would suit a Powertrain Technician or Engine Test Technician with experience of working within an automotive / vehicle research, test or development engineering environment.
Salary: £25K - £32K dependent upon experience PLUS shift premium additional £3K - £5K per annum, bonus, pension, 27 days holiday entitlement, sick pay and other benefits.
This Powertrain Technician job will suit:
- A Test Technician ideally working within an engine / powertrain test / development engineering environment.
- A Powertrain Technician with an understanding of current generation gasoline and diesel engines and components to be able to troubleshoot, perform assembly, strip and repair type activities
- You are likely to hold a relevant qualification (e.g. NVQ, City & Guilds, ONC or HNC) in motor vehicle engineering or a similar engineering or automotive discipline.
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Fantastic opportunity to join an established, global and rapidly growing engineering technology business working on cutting edge research and development projects for the automotive, off-highway, defence and passenger transportation markets.
- You will join a powertrain team working within a brand new world class powertrain test facility.
- Salary range of between £25,000 - £32,000 (dependent upon experience and skills) PLUS shift premium additional £3K - £5K per annum, bonus, pension, 27 days holiday entitlement, sick pay and other benefits.
- The role will initially commence on a double day shift system (5:45am to 2.15am and 1.30pm - 10pm).
The job will involve:
- Test bed / dynamometer engine preparation and instrumentation for automotive / vehicle engine / powertrain test projects.
- Test bed / dynamometer engine palletisation, installation and commissioning.
- Engine / powertrain test bed / dynamometer operation.
- Other activities will include facility maintenance, technical with customers and internal engineering teams.
This Powertrain Technician job is commutable from Coventry, Nuneaton, Hinckley, Warwick, Rugby, Leicester, Leamington Spa, Birmingham, Northampton, Tamworth, Solihull.
To apply, please contact Peter Hobbs on Tel: ************* or email: **************************
More jobs like this are advertised at ******************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959477802