Plant Protection Team Leader
Are you an experienced manager looking to develop your career within a globally recognised centre of scientific research? Do you have a track record of successfully managing teams and delivering projects? Are you able to simultaneously manage multiple work streams? Do you have a passion for quality and continuous improvement?
Our client, a centre for innovation and problem solving across the environmental sciences is looking to recruit an experienced team leader to work within their plant protection programme. Candidates should have at least 5 years? management experience gained within a technical environment, and be passionate about leading and developing people to drive excellence in delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effectively managing teams including providing support with issue resolution.
- Liaising with resource planners and project managers to provide input into resource management.
- Supporting development and implementation of a business plan intended to drive team growth.
- Ensuring the team?s project portfolio is aligned to programme strategy.
- Driving innovation to maximise team profitability.
- Managing team performance through performance reviews, monthly individual one-to-ones, identification of performance issues and provision of feedback and coaching.
- Managing multiple team projects to drive on-time delivery in line with quality requirements.
- Ensuring that all team members are trained in accordance with H&S and accreditation requirements.
- Monitoring project delivery costs.
- Contributing to maintenance of ISO 9001 quality systems.
The ideal candidate will be educated to at least degree level or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline. You will have the ability to actively engage with your team through coaching, mentoring and setting KPIs to drive continuous improvement. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a technically diverse interdisciplinary environment.
For more information or to apply, please contact Cameron Herd at Network Scientific.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work within the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959474028