Engineer - Technical Support
Engineer - Technical Support - Bristol
A market leading FTSE 100 Defence organisation is currently recruiting for an Engineer - Technical Support to take on permanent positions ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
The main purpose of the role is to provide technical support to the ISM Class Manager Planned Maintenance Team working alongside Enterprise UMMS Support Partners to undertake interrogation into the adequacy of the Astute Class Technical publications and TRILOGI, identifying discrepancies and act as the lead in the production of appropriate documentation.
You will also be required to provide advice and assistance as the Astute Class lead as directed by the ISM Planned Maintenance Class Manager or DAR Team Leader.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- To review and manage maintenance tasks as directed by the Planned Maintenance Class Manager
- To ensure each Maintenance Task has the correct asset linkage, task narrative and equipment's detailed to permit the task being carried out in full
- To provide timely and effective support to achieve a fully configured Astute Class baseline to support forward planning by undertaking the following principle activities
- Review the content of information stored within the Integrated Electronic Technical Publication (IETP) and advised/proposed improvements
- Review Maintenance Task Instructions, to improve and update to ensure a safe practice is undertaken, correct spares required are identified to populate the demand plan
- Support various Design Authorities in the use of applications including the IETP (trilogi), UMMS, Configuration, Registers and ISIS
- Support to submarine OPDEF rectification
- To provide support to UMMS (Unit Maintenance Management System) Project in the integration of UMMS into the submarine flotilla and, as a key user, provide training and support to other users
- To maintain and develop their own professional and technical standards and capability as necessary to support this role including a sound understanding of all current and relevant processes, good practices, and standards, including applicable Defence Standards
- To provide timely notification to the Team Leader - DAR of any potential problems, including lack of resources and delivery schedule, proposing solutions as appropriate
- To manage (and undertake) technical investigations and provide technical advice/support (where necessary) to other Engineers in order to resolve Errors and Omissions, including those queries received from Design Authorities and/or forwarded from other internal departments
- To undertake all work in accordance with appropriate Quality procedures identifying amendments as required that account for changes in working practices
- Responsible for constantly reviewing their day to day duties to identify improvements to existing processes, procedures and ways of working within the team. To present these to their Team Leader and once agreed implement the endorsed changes
- Minimum of a HND/HNC in a relevant discipline with relevant experience, or OND/ONC qualified with significant relevant experience.
- The post holder should hold and maintain, or be capable of achieving full membership with an appropriate professional body within 12 months of taking up the post.
- Personnel with relevant experience may be considered suitable subject to them having a clear route to Professional Membership with an appropriate approved institution.
- Eligible for SC Clearance (essential)
What's on offer:
25 days annual leave
Competitive pension contribution
Share Save Scheme
Childcare Voucher Scheme
Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959474213