Capita IT Resourcing has partnered with a public sector client as they embark on a complete transformation of their organisation and services as part of a wider regeneration programme. To support the organisation they need to hire an ICT Infrastructure Architect on a permanent basis. This is a good opportunity to be a part of a large-scale transformation and make a real difference to constituents' lives in the Borough.
The successful candidate will:
- Be the organisation lead for the design, development and delivery of the technology direction for the future ICT Infrastructure and related services for both the client and its partners.
- Be the lead for the provision of expert technical advice on the direction and design for the ICT Infrastructure and technical projects including, but not limited to, the ICT design and implementation of the new Civic Centre, smarter working technologies, technical lead for technology roadmaps and web/digital programmes.
- Provide a lead role in delivering/re-shaping the ICT strategy with the main objective to set and design the appropriate infrastructure and approach to enable flexible and mobile working across all services and partners whilst still ensuring that all securities and standards are adhered to.
- Develop staff to ensure that managers are empowered, take ownership of projects and tasks and develop their staff to be the best they can be through effective performance management, encouraging creativity and innovation.
Knowledge and experience required for the role:
1. Significant experience of designing and delivering large scale ICT Infrastructure projects using industry standard project management methodologies;
2. Significant experience defining technical requirements/direction for system or infrastructure enhancements, including the production of relevant documentation;
3. Significant experience within a corporate ICT environment using a variety of platforms, technology and solutions.
4. Experience of producing detailed technical requirement documents;
5. Experience in the establishment, review and continuous improvement of ICT Architecture;
6. Significant experience in the provision of specialist technical advice, support and assistance within an information technology environment covering many ICT technologies and environments;
7. Detailed understanding of:
- Network Topology, LAN, WAN, DMZ and firewall architecture;
- Designing and managing Microsoft Windows Server and Client Operating Systems, Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange Server environments;
- ICT security concepts, practices and standards, including PSN Code of Conduct;
8. Significant knowledge of ICT-related government legislation, policies, procedures and systems;
9. Significant experience in designing server, storage and network infrastructure on a wide range of platforms and technologies;
10. Good working knowledge of public sector ICT procurement processes including OJEU, relevant Government frameworks, supplier management and negotiations;
11. A proven track record of managing with ICT commercial issues and disputes;
12. A proven track record of managing complex ICT budgets;
13. Experience and evidence of effective service planning;
14. Experience of leading, motivating and managing services with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve significant, sustainable improvements and positive outcomes through internal and external partnerships;
15. Connect long-range visions and concepts to daily work.
16. Good working knowledge of the respective roles of elected Member and Officers and an awareness of the improvement agenda facing local authorities both now and in the medium to long-term.
17. Good working knowledge of the priorities of central government in the areas of planning, place shaping, digital by default, government and industry standards, Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000, Data Protection 1998, Computer Misuse Act 1998 and key deliverables outlined in the ICT Strategy.
If you are interested in the role and would like to find out more, please send me your CV via the link below for immediate consideration.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959474604