Senior Software Developer - (C#/NET)
Senior Software Engineer - (C#.Net)
Profit/performance related bonus reviewed and paid every 6 months
Flexible working hours
Flexible holiday entitlement
Pension with employer contribution matching up to 4%
Key Notes :
Experience 10+ years in depth knowledge of C#/.NET and object oriented programming using design patterns
C# 6.0 and .NET 4.6 Framework using Visual Studio
WPF and XAML or WinForms
Unit testing (MS Test and MOQ
Debugging .NET applications
Confidence in speaking with customers
History of working on big pieces of software
About the Role :
You will be working as part of an Agile/Scrum team, you will be responsible for developing software in C#/.NET for real-time, multi-process cross-platform applications for the broadcast and professional video industry.
You must have the ability to understand and communicate complex issues clearly is essential. You must have a strong knowledge of modern development tools and infrastructure.
In this role, you will have considerable exposure to clients and other partners. While the role is based at our offices in Shipley, West Yorkshire, our client will we expect you to work at customer?s site in the East Midlands, so you will be required for the first few months of the project.
Specific Skills and Qualities
- A software developer with considerable experience working on real-time, multi-process cross-platform applications as part of a team to develop and deliver software to an internal or external customer
- In depth knowledge of C#/.NET and object oriented programming using design patterns
- Be confident to communicate clearly in English (both verbally and in writing) with both customers and colleagues.
- Understanding of multi-threading/multi-process software concepts and concurrency issues
- Exceptional problem solving and debugging skills, with experience of a variety of debugging tools and techniques
- A "can-do" attitude and approach with the confidence to undertake tasks that are outside of your immediate experience, enabling you to grow your skill set
Experience ? Essential
- Strong developer with significant experience in C#, ideally 10+ years in the industry.
- Object oriented development in C# 6.0 and .NET 4.6 Framework using Visual Studio
- User interface implementation using WPF and XAML or WinForms
- Unit testing (MS Test and MOQ) and awareness of test methodologies
- SQL database performance analysis and stored procedures using Microsoft SQL Server
- Real-time/multi-process/multi-threaded applications
- Debugging .NET applications using a variety of tools
- Experience and confidence in speaking with customers on a regular basis
Experience ? Highly Desirable
- Service orientated architecture using REST Web Services, WCF or .NET Remoting
- Workflow implementation using Windows Workflow Foundation
- Software development tools for version control (Git), debugging, profiling, code coverage etc.
- XML with a good understanding of XSD, XSLT and XPath
Experience ? Also Beneficial
- Cloud computing (Azure, AWS, WCF)
- Continuous Integration using MSBuild & Jenkins
- PowerShell scripting
- Broadcast/Playout automation systems
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959477879