Engineer - DAR - Bristol
A market leading FTSE 100 Defence organisation is currently recruiting for an Engineer (Design Authority Requirement) to take on permanent positions ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
The main purpose of the role is to manage in-service work packages, through the Rolling Design Authority Requirement (RDAR) database as directed by the Team Leader. In delivering this role the post holder will act as the point of contact for the allocated work package as detailed in the Principal Tasks and Responsibilities laid down in these Terms of Reference.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- To compile and manage Design Authority work packages as directed by the Team Leader - DAR
- To ensure each Design Authority work package is produced with the requisite detail and to programme to enable the planning of each relevant maintenance period
- To provide timely and effective support to ISM in the following principle areas:
- ISM Class Managers
- Submarine Design Authority Requirement (DAR) production and reporting
- Support to submarine maintenance period planning meetings; and
- Work Package enquiries and change requests
To be fully conversant with each allocated work package for DAR details and constraints being capable of providing assistance in the provision of answers DAR Enquiries and general work package questionsTo Investigate and report performance and operability shortfalls, including recommendations for corrective actionTo provide authoritative advice to the Class Manager on the potential impact of system and equipment availability on system capabilityTo provide support to UMMS (Unit Maintenance Management System) Project in the integration of UMMS into the submarine flotilla and, as a key user, provide training and support to other usersTo provide support to the Team Leader - DAR and Class Management Team in the integration of Astute In-Service support and LOP(R) work packages into the RDAR applicationTo manage programme change within the RDAR application and provide support to ISM stakeholders in the prioritisation of DAR items driven by operational constraints in the submarine support businessTo maintain and develop their own professional and technical standards and capability as necessary to support this role including a sound understanding of all current and relevant processes, good practices, and standards, including applicable Defence StandardsTo maintain an up to date set of Terms of Reference that are endorsed by the Requirements Planning ManagerTo provide timely notification to the Team Leader - DAR of any potential problems, including lack of resources and delivery schedule, proposing solutions as appropriateTo provide timely notification to the Team Leader - DAR of any of any potential problems, including requirement and technical compliance, proposing solutions as appropriateTo manage (and undertake) technical investigations and provide technical advice/support (where necessary) to other Engineers in order to resolve Errors and Omissions, including those queries received from Design Authorities and/or forwarded from other internal departmentsTo undertake all work in accordance with appropriate Quality procedures identifying amendments as required that account for changes in working practicesResponsible for constantly reviewing their day to day duties to identify improvements to existing processes, procedures and ways of working within the team. To present these to their Team Leader and once agreed implement the endorsed changes
- Minimum of a HND/HNC in a relevant discipline with relevant experience, or OND/ONC qualified with significant relevant experience.
- The post holder should hold and maintain, or be capable of achieving full membership with an appropriate professional body within 12 months of taking up the post.
- Personnel with relevant experience may be considered suitable subject to them having a clear route to Professional Membership with an appropriate approved institution.
- Eligible for SC Clearance (essential)
What's on offer:
25 days annual leave
Competitive pension contribution
Share Save Scheme
Childcare Voucher Scheme
Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959474265