Full time or Part time
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000 per annum, negotiable, pro-rata
Full or Part time hours available, 20 - 40 hours per week, over at least 4 days between 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch break.
Our client are looking for an addition to their small but growing team to take on a developing role within the business. They are a small business offering business services, mostly accounting and bookkeeping services, to small owner managed businesses and sole traders. They would like to hire someone with good practice experience to ensure client work is completed to a high standard, on-time and within budget.
Our client mainly works with the following systems for client work:
They provide the following services to their clients:
- Annual Accounts and Corporation Tax
- VAT Returns
- Management Accounts
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Practice Accountant:
- Initially our client will need assistance with Annual Accounts, Corporation Tax and Self-Assessment
- On-going the role will be more involved and you will manage each client and all services that they provide to them
- You will be assisted by the company's two assistant accountants
- You will be in charge of working on the more complex accounting and tax requirements and queries and therefore a good technical knowledge in Accounting and/or Self-Assessment is preferred.
- You will need to ensure work is prepared within budget and in reasonable time before the deadlines
- You will meet with potential and existing clients as required
Requirements of the Practice Accountant:
- Fully or Part-Qualified ACA or ACCA
- At least 3 years practice experience
- Experience managing or supervising staff
- The ability to work quickly and methodically with an eye for detail
- An interest in helping small businesses
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel abilities
- You will be a professional sociable friendly person who is happy to lead meetings with new and existing clients
- Happy to work in a small team
- Experience of Xero or a similar cloud accounting system is preferable but not a requirement.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Practice Accountant role then please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959476090