Technical Support Analyst/Helpdesk- Bilingual English/French
Technical Support Analyst / Helpdesk - Bilingual English / French
Heathrow TW6 2SF
Salary: To £25,000 + extensive benefits
- Technical Support / Helpdesk Analyst (bilingual: English/French) - Heathrow
- Part of the FTSE100 RELX Group (Forbes Top-60 Employer)
- £22,000 - £25,000k + 29 days holiday + share options scheme + pension + life assurance + more!
Due to growth internally and some hugely exciting new projects, our client is looking for a Helpdesk professional to join their team. With the chance for rapid internal progression and working within a fast moving and busy environment, the chance to learn and be challenged in a fun and supportive business will really appeal to the right individual.
They understand team ethics and offer a great environment for you to exceed your potential under guidance of a senior manager/mentor. Their systems, support and development teams work in a shared environment where close collaboration and inter-team learning are a way of life.
They require enthusiasm, eagerness to learn and play a team role and the ability to communicate sometimes complex technical information to customers with a range of technical understanding and ability. Excellent communication skills both spoken and written, in both English and French are a must.
It would also be great if you could demonstrate knowledge, experience or just sheer enjoyment around Big Data and Data Analytics environments / tools and supporting these in an active and rapidly evolving landscape.
Outline of Role:
The IT Service Desk Analyst role will provide first line technical support to customers and internal staff. This requires an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis, rectification of basic problems and monitoring progress made in resolving complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties, such as system monitoring, within the scope of this role.
- Provide via the service desk a single point of contact for customers' IT issues and queries.
- Receive, log and manage calls from customers and internal staff via telephone and email.
- Maintain various databases and track changes e.g. Asset Database.
- Provide 1st line support for IT related problems involving in-house software and platforms.
- Identify basic network and other general IT issues impacting users.
- Escalate unresolved calls to the appropriate support team.
- Log all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging system.
- Take and maintain ownership of incidents.
- Monitor the status of users' incidents, communicating progress in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries.
- To maintain close working relationships with other regional support centres (daily contact)
- Adhere to all service management principles.
- Provide basic ad-hoc "training" in in-house applications to customers during calls.
- Ensure any stats for the any Service Desk reporting are recorded accurately.
- Publishing and maintaining support documentation.
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications in Information Technology OR supporting subjects
- An ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential.
- Previous IT Service Desk and/or Call Centre experience required.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner - in both English and French
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Execute tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Incident Management experience - including managing business users' expectations.
- Experience of Microsoft based operating systems and Outlook 2010 or above.
- Some knowledge of Linux systems (CentOS or Red Hat derivatives preferred).
- Some knowledge of reading and manipulating XML/XSLT files and other text formats.
- Some experience using remote assistance tools to assist customers.
- Experience with MySQL
- Must have EU residency rights.
About our client:
Our client provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Their strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where they help customers make key strategic decisions every day. They are part of the FTSE100 RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
They are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959477405