IT Security Officer
One of my clients, a Leeds based global Technology and Software Solution Provider, is currently seeking Security Officer to join on a permanent basis. The organisation creates cutting edge technology which is used globally by leading businesses such as Google as well as direct consumers.
This is a diverse role as you will be consulting internally across all projects and programmes as well as ensuring the organisation remains compliant in data protection and ISO. In this role you will be responsible for Security Consulting across multiple projects and programmes, conducting internal security audits, providing advice and guidance to business users and executives as well as ensuring data protection compliance. You will also be responsible for ITDR planning, Business Continuity Planning, and keeping policies up to date and current. You will also have some interaction with clients as the SME for security related questions.
Key Skills Required:
- Demonstrated experience of information security management and/or consulting in a complex technology environment.
- Deep understanding of Data Protection with in a commercial environment.
- Experienced in developing information security requirements for programmes and projects as well as reviewing the security aspects of programme and project briefs, business requirements, solution designs, test plans and results.
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking risk assessments and business impact assessments.
- Demonstrated experience in IT Disaster Recovery as well as business continuity planning.
- Knowledge and familiarity of vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- Experience of information security programme and project governance.
- Knowledge of information security management systems e.g. ISO27001 Skilled and experienced in conducting internal audits.
- Confident in delivering presentations to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Relevant technical degree and or certification e.g. CISSP, CISM, CRISC
This role is much more advisory than hands on and technical. You will be liaising with internal as well as external stakeholders offering advice and guidance on all things security with a slight focus on Data Protection. The individual we are looking for should be pragmatic and confident as you will have the opportunity to get involved on Security Consulting on a global scale.
Flexible working days, free breakfast and a dynamic team environment are among a few of the perks. Please submit your CV if interested or alternatively contact Jessica Emerson for a confidential discussion on ***********
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475234