Lead IOS Developer - Amazing Startup - Central London
My client is one of the UKs leading App-first start-ups, a company with a big personality and even bigger plans!
Working from an amazing office in Covent Garden, they are looking to hire a contract iOS Developer to join their team immediately, to help delivery significant growth.
The business is exceptionally well-funded with an excellent technology stack and a passion to become the world's leading operator in their field.
The role is principally focussed on UI, so they're ideally looking for an UIKit expert who is up to speed with the latest features in iOS 10&11.
This includes UIKit dynamics, custom view controller transitions and visual-effect views.
We are also using Autolayout intensively to maintain and create flexible layouts that look perfect across different devices, and given we target iOS8 and above, you'll spend more time on the exciting stuff.
A brief snapshot of the main responsibilities are:
- Architect, implement and maintain our iOS apps
- Implement beautiful user interfaces and eye-popping effects
- Work hand in hand with the existing development team creating final visualisations to be developed into our products
- Rapidly create prototypes, synthesise feedback and develop a production quality app
- Maintaining and submitting apps on Itunes Connect
- Keeping the team updated on the latest builds through TestFlight and CI tools
Building and maintaining an app across platforms is tricky business, hence why many take the non-native route. Not here. Look and feel matters to these guys, so they maintain separate native apps for Android and iOS.
Now, this doesn't mean that they don't share any code between the two platforms, they also maintain a cross platform SDK, handling model, networking and persistence storage, and a using a transcompiler to make the SDK platform independent. As you will know, this has the tidy added bonus of keeping the code base modular and testable.
So, on that basis, we are looking for an expert engineer to be the Lead iOS developer, acting as the in-house authority for XCode, Objective-C, Swift and all things iOS.
Think that could be you?
Requirements of this role:
- 3+ years iOS development experience of apps in the App Store
- 6+ years programming experience
- Examples of apps in the App Store with modern, great looking UIs you have built
- Strong understanding of GIT version control
- Experience of working in high paced start-ups a plus
If you think that this role could be a good fit for you, please do not hesitate to send your CV for immediate feedback.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959479405