ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a talented Technical Architect or ?Technologist?, ideally with a Software Development background, to join our Delivery team, reporting into the Director of Delivery. You will work across a range of engagements delivering value for our clients, from very short and intense consulting engagements, to longer term projects across a range of industries and technical environments.
Our heritage in strategy, architecture and execution for businesses undergoing change, leads us to work with a wide range of clients, and being agnostic of any specific technology breeds open-minded thinking that delivers innovative solutions.
As a Technical Architect, you will be expected to perform a wide range of activities as required by the engagements and clients we serve, including Architecture, Project Management, Analysis and Development activities across a variety of projects. These projects will be varied in nature and duration, but could include:
- Solution Architecture for IT and network change projects
- Complex Solution Design within Development phases
- Prototype solution development across a mix of proprietary, open-source and cloud-based technologies
- Solution Design and implementation consultancy
- Business Analysis and requirements management
- Project Management and delivery consultancy
You may be working within a Managed Service for some of our clients, or within standalone consulting enagagement teams.
You will also be expected to help refine our practices and grow collateral and propositions in support of delivery to clients.
Above all, you will be flexible, adaptable and pro-active, however the following may also describe you...
- Typically from a software engineering/software development background
- You may not have a degree, but that?s ok.. an apprenticeship or vocational qualification suits us fine
- Have grown ?through the ranks? performing many different roles, from programming and design, to technical team leadership and project management
- Great communicator! You can liaise with senior people in the business and talk in their terms, but still know your way around a computer terminal (or console)
- Technically curious ? maybe you play with a Raspberry Pi at the weekends!
- Not afraid of domain or sector swapping
- Have an urge to create/make things if trapped in a theoretical role for too long
- You may not be able to sell yourself or describe what you do adequately (because you can do so much and can?t be pigeon holed!) ? but don?t worry this is a good thing!
- You may know several technology areas really well and are self motivated to research and keep up to date in your own time
- Deep understanding of the end to end software delivery lifecycle
- Commercial acumen and understanding of basic project finance
- Enthusiastic and displays a can do attitude
LIFE AT MOSAIC ISLAND
Our company is bright, confident and ambitious and our people are smart, passionate and great at whay they do. We believe in and facilitate a flexible and collaborative work environment and remain true to our values at all times and so we look for experts who share these values. In return for your hard work, you can expect the following from us:
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Childcare vouchers
- Regular office social events
- Up to one charitable day per year
- We?re Mac friendly!
- Employee referral bonus
- Employer contributory pension
- Healthcare allowance
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
Mosaic Island is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or Employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements, which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959476018