Crane Service Engineer
Street CraneXpress are looking for experienced Crane Service Engineers with overhead travelling crane experience. Our Service Engineers are home-based, with a fully expensed van, uniform, mobile phone and tablet.
We are currently looking to recruit in the following areas; Newcastle/Sunderland, M62 Corridor/West Yorkshire, Sheffield, West Midlands and North London.
Working as part of the Service/Crane and Project Installation Division, providing an efficient maintenance, breakdown and projects on Overhead Electric Travelling Cranes (OHETC).
- The Service Department deals with preventative maintenance contracts (PPM), breakdowns on a 24 hour 7 day basis, service follow up work (SFU), spare parts, crane modernisation and all after sales activities associated with Street CraneXpress Ltd
- Occasional requirement to lodge away from home
- Overtime and weekend working as required dependant on the job location
- Street Crane product training will be provided as well as LEEA Accreditations and any other applicable accreditations necessary
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Refurbishment/ Modernisation of Cranes, Hoists and Lifting Equipment
- Crane and Gantry installation, inspection, testing and commissioning
- Jib Crane installation, inspection, testing and commissioning
- To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and identify potential mechanical and electrical problems with our reporting system
- To carry out service follow-up (SFU) and/or project modernisation work related to crane conversion or refurbishment
- To attend emergency breakdowns, identify faults and carry out effective repairs. These will generally be electrical problems, possibly PLC related
- To document all site visits using our cutting-edge reporting technology
- Previous specialist experience of OHETC?s is preferred, ideally with knowledge of the cranes supplied by major global manufacturers
- Must be a competent industrial electrician and/or mechanically biased and apprentice trained (NVQ level 3 or above)
- Must be able to work on your own, as part of the Service Team or lead a team of engineers depending on the nature of the jobs, duration and location
- The individual should be self-motivated, responsible, prepared to travel throughout the UK and will be expected to work some unsociable hours
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959442669