Senior DevOps Engineer
As part of the Engineering Team, the Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the design, construction, maintenance and automation of:
- Development environments and tool
- Engineering test environments
- Build and release tools
- Deployment and release pipelines
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems
- Mentor and monitor DevOps staff and advise developers and managers on all aspects of DevOps domain.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and improvement of deployment and release pipelines
- Maintenance of all the automation and configuration scripts under version control
- Maintenance and administration of development and test servers
- Support all aspects of the team?s software build, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems.
- Assist with the staging and deployment of software builds to test and production environments.
- Focus on cloud pricing models and an understanding of usage based pricing and design Task Management Responsibilities (essential)
- Bachelor?s Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent professional experience or combination of both.
- Extensive experience in a structured development environment
- Have a passion for implementing continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Understanding the need for automation, from environment provisioning to deployment and running tests
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud Services and Platform.
- Deep knowledge and experience maintaining development tools such as Jira, Jenkins, SVN, Git, Confluence, Octopus
- Reasonable familiarity administering Unix and Windows operating systems
- Strong verbal, written communications and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers, and technical and non-technical persons
- Experience with .NET technologies
- Strong powershell knowledge
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Automated Testing
- Software Configuration Management
- Secure Development Lifecycle
- Provide technical expertise around diagnosis and resolution of specific technical issues.
- Strong problem solving skills and experience on multi server sites.
- Strong knowledge of release and configuration process within a production environment.
- Experience in end to end full development life cycle.
- Experience practicing infrastructure as code using automation scripts (ARM Templates and Powershell)
- Understanding of various data stores relational and non-relational
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- Experience of using tools to support rapid development, iteration and delivery.
- Understanding and experience of a large number of the following technologies
- Visual Studio
- Octopus Deploy
- Subversion / Git
- Azure Resource Manager Templates
- Azure Cloud Services
- Azure API, SDK?s, Cmdlets
- Service Fabric
- C#, JSON, Angular2
- Azure Service Bus
- Linux and Shell Scripting
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959479562