Machine Shop Supervisor
Based in Poole, my client is looking to recruit a machine shop supervisor to lead the team or someone who is looking to take a step up from the shop floor.
Purpose of role
- To ensure MAIN WORK SHOP [including grinding & manual shop] is adhering to production run list priority.
- To ensure & expedite production/machines to the start & finish date as detailed on the production run lists/production model
- To assist in production queries/problems where required[late production]
- To maintain workshop discipline [time & attendance/overtime]
- To closely monitor on a daily basis OEE & to improve where metrics indicate less than 60%.
- To consistently improve OEE metrics [where FW is assigned to machine]
- To ensure ALL engineers are adhering to the company Mandatory Aerospace Controls
- To uphold company policies as documented in the Business Strategy.
- To ensure correct practise, legalities and responsibilities in respect of employment and health and safety are maintained & where non-conformance/corrective action is
- required, report to a Director.
- To identify in good time underperforming machines or engineers & re-train as the initial improvement process.
· To attend all production meetings/reviews as requested by Senior Production Engineer.
- To monitor performance of all workshop staff, recommend training, provide motivation and recommend disciplinary proceedings as appropriate to secure sales and performance
- To ensure accurate and timely information is made available to the Accounts Department.
- Ensure the security and maintenance of the premises at all times.
Salary: £25-35k per annum
Hours: 39 hours per week over Monday to Friday
If you would like more information regarding this role or would like to apply, email your CV, call the office or pop in and see us in person. All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Successful applicants will be contacted within 7 days of receiving you application. If you haven?t heard from us within 1 week, please feel free to contact us to ensure your application was received.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959473803