Interim Head of Robotic Process Automation
Interim Head of Robotic Process Automation CoE - Rate TBC - 6-Months - Sunbury
A visionary leader and Automation evangelist with sole purpose of enabling Process Automation as a key strategic lever across the organisation. Accountable for end-to-end management of the RPA CoE including building the foundation by adopting the RPA Framework and working with different Business and IT stakeholders across all phases of Robotic Process Automation for maximum value to organisation.
- Working with Business Sponsors promote and maintain RPA Strategy
- Working with Global Process Owners or equivalent to optimise process execution
- Accountable for sponsoring and enabling a constant stream of Automation opportunities is identified, prioritized and funded working in close collaboration with Business, Segments, Functions, GBS and Automation Council
- Accountable for delivering on Automation opportunities that result in significant productivity savings for the group
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities beyond Automation and work with appropriate stakeholders to initiate CI initiatives to realize benefit potential
- Accountable for driving the product and vendor strategy for the Automation platform
- Ensure Automation platform is scalable, flexible and secure
- Define the standards and controls and ensure Technical teams align to the same
- Accountable for timely delivery of automated solution as per the roadmap
- Ensure automated solution meets the business objectives and aligns to the business case and benefits
- Resolve any issues or concerns post Go-Live
- Working with IT&S to assuring RPA Support to sustain BAU and ongoing operation.
Organization Change Management
- Accountable for sponsoring and advocating RPA opportunity across the Organisation,
- Accountable for stakeholder engagement, communication and capability enablement to ensure business is prepared for the adoption of Automation
- Accountable for RPA framework to deliver RPA in a systematic and standardised way across the organisation
- Accountable for establishing organisation aligning to -be organizational structure and new role / job descriptions with Supporting functions
- Supporting business leaders to capture business benefits delivered by Automations
- Accountable for RPA Governance, ensuring process guides, programme metrics, RACI, KPI definitions, standards & templates and process monitoring mechanism are in place for a successful delivery of Automation
Accountable for facilitating execution of programme activities through RAID log mgmt., benefit tracking
Demand Management - It is imperative to keep the Automation backlog full in order to make effective use of fixed Automation infrastructure investments.
Solution Architecture - Because RPA solutions are designed to be non-invasive, they create the potential for rapid accumulation of technical debt if not managed carefully. It is imperative that all RPA investments be considered within the context of any long term transformational solutions and the useful life of a robot and are reviewed by Global Process
Owners or equivalent
Organizational Change Management - Future state processes enabled by software robots will require humans to interact with robots in order to complete various tasks therefore it is imperative that operational personnel have a clear understanding of how their process will change once a robot is introduced.
Organizational Change Management - Capturing the productivity benefits associated with Automation requires a continuous approach to employee redeployment/displacement which creates a potential attrition risk.
Business Continuity Planning - With increased release on software Automation there will be fewer resources around to support business continuity functions in the event of BOT failure.
Process Governance - In a bot enabled future global process owners need to consider how changes to business process or underlying systems will impact any existing software robots. Global processes owners need to become product owners responsible for maintaining bots throughout their lifecycle.
Qualification & Experience and Competencies
- 15+ years of experience with technology, delivery with process engineering type of expertise (essential)
- Need to possess a broad understanding of various RPA tools and platforms (essential)
- Ability to analyse new RPA requirement and suggest suitable services (essential)
- Experience of Automation or implementation of RPA Automation projects (desirable)
- Good understanding of BOT lifecycle and RPA solution architecture (essential)
- Experience of leading a team to achieve a successful outcome (essential)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills (essential)
- Excellent facilitation skills working with both internal and external parties (essential)
- Strong planning and organizational skills (essential)
- Should possess solid delivery & project management experience that includes requirements mapping, estimation / sizing, time, cost & quality management (essential)
- Experience in Agile Delivery Methodology (essential)
- Experience with Change Management Activities (essential)
- Proven track record in working across multiple geographies and teams to manage and overcome organizational constraint and influence key stakeholders (essential)
- Strong experience in business case development and financial analysis (essential)
Competencies and Behaviours
- Self-driven, highly motivated and pro-active, accustomed to working in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Ability to motivate through personal credibility and leadership.
- Sound judgement and decision making skills.
- High level of professionalism and self-confidence.
- Flexible approach to working with others.
- Energy, enthusiasm and commitment to the role
- Persistent and dependable
- Passionate about learning new technologies
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959476453