Actuarial Reporting Manager
Actuarial Reporting Manager
Job ID: R-57288
Purpose of the Role
Joining our highly capable and motivated Actuarial Reporting function, you will be responsible for a wide range of activity. As a Senior Manager, you?ll use your expert knowledge and sound understanding of the business across a variety of projects. From managing key internal and external relationships to leading a team, you?ll play a vital role in the development of our actuarial reporting systems and processes, and the implementation of changes in assumptions and methodology.
With a focus on both IFRS and Solvency II measures, there are numerous opportunities to present the results of the team?s reporting activity or the model development to senior stakeholders within the Finance function. In particular, with the recent approval of Aviva?s Internal Model in respect of the UK Life business a number of the opportunities will offer direct involvement in the latest actuarial methodologies.
There will be a unique chance to play a leading role in the financial integration work generated from the acquisition of Friends Life, including embedding the Friends Life business on Internal Model, supporting Part VII activity and aligning reporting systems and processes across the two former businesses.
In our fast paced, dynamic environment, you?ll put your leadership, problem-solving skills and mathematical approach to the test as you make your mark on the UK Life business.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key outcomes of the role include:
- Responsible for managing working day timetable for Financial Reporting cycle. This will include detailed planning (and use of planning tools) as well as Group engagement
- Assumption/calibration change timetabling and management ? ensuring FM, Production, Reporting and results management teams are aligned. This needs to ensure that FTC timetable is set and complied with appropriately and that assumptions are delivered on time and in the right format to all those that need them
- Will own deliveries on Working day timetable improvement project as part of Finance Innovation and change. Monitoring critical path and achieving desired timeline acceleration
- QRT ownership and delivery
- FTC representation to understand assumption timescales/challenges
- Help resource planning and management across the wider actuarial production, reporting and development teams
- Location(s) role holder can be based in
- York based
Skills & Experience required
- Qualified actuary with 5 years post-qualified experience ideal. Equivalent experience would be considered
- Experience of working in a Financial reporting team and knowledge of the key
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well in a cross functional team
- What will I get from this role
- Salary up to £85,000 dependent on experience
- Annual performance related pay review and bonus
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Excellent flexi-benefits package
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we?ll support you to do brilliant work. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva?s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959448827