Contract DevOps Engineer
Contract DevOps Engineer - Leeds City Centre - £400pd
onezeero. is looking to recruit a contract DevOps Engineer to join an expert team of technology enthusiasts in a flexible and relaxed environment in central Leeds.
As an experienced contract DevOps Engineer you will love to automate system administration work and have a solid understanding of Unix and Linux architectures. We are looking for a proven DevOps Engineer who has experience to analyse and advise on architectural and scalability matters.
The contract DevOps Engineer will support an experienced development team already adopting a DevOps mindset with automation and shared toolset queries and requests. You will be used to working with development teams, developing solutions that are repeatable and version controlled.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a scripting language such as Perl, Bash, Python or Python.
- Familiar with all elements of a LAMP stack and be able to provide guidance on Apache and MySQL configuration and query and application optimisation.
- Unix and Linux Sys Administration ideally with a preference for Red Hat distributions.
- Good knowledge of security including firewalls, IPS/IDS, proxies and hardening Linux.
- Understand and analyse logs, be familiar with version control systems such as Git, be able to build and upgrade / update packages either from a package management software or from source and a knowledge of how to fix broken dependencies.
- Provisioning tools such as Chef, and Virtualisation tools such as Virtualbox and Vagrant
If you are a proven DevOps Engineer please apply now. Interview slots are available immediately, please send your CV through now for immediate consideration or contact James Westwood @ onezeero. on *********** for more details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959478435