Senior Internal Auditor - London
My client who are a leader in the UK Transportation industry are currently looking to strengthen their Group Finance department with a pro-active and analytical internal auditor.
An overview of core responsibilities includes:
- planning and delivering complex end-to-end business audits (financial, operational, commercial and compliance) as well as contributing to IT audits;
- liaising with all levels of management and building successful relationships across the business;
- supporting the Internal Audit (IA) leadership team on ad hoc projects and special investigations as required;
- providing high quality written reports;
- actively participating in the follow-up process, preparation for Audit Committee papers, and the formulation of the annual Internal Audit plan;
- contributing to the identification and assessment of company risks, and
- contributing to the continuous growth and development of the IA function.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- The individual will have a recognised accounting qualification (CA, ACA, ACCA etc) and, ideally, have trained with a Big 4 or a large accountancy practice. Prior experience of internal audit is required. A background of working in FTSE 250 organisations would be a distinct advantage, as would exposure to data analytics.
- qualified accountant with experience of delivering internal audits for a multinational organisation
- strong report writing skills
- awareness of best practice approaches to risk management and internal controls
- a sound understanding and knowledge of auditing general IT controls (data analytics experience an advantage)
- willing and able to travel in the UK (around 40%) with occasional international travel
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959472633