IT project manager
IT Project Manager
£400-£450 per day ( outside IR35 )
We are looking for a Project Manager to join the IT Programme Management Office, which is responsible for overseeing delivery of a diverse portfolio of IT projects .
As a Project Manager, you will be allocated a mixed portfolio of projects so you will need excellent organisational skills and be able to effectively manage your own work to maintain an overview of all your projects. You will be also be skilled at working with a diverse range of stakeholders, and be able to effectively listen to project stakeholders working with delivery managers and technical teams to ensure projects are delivered effectively and efficiently.
You will be able to effectively present information in a range of formats, including numerical information demonstrating a high level of attention to detail and be experienced in working with a structured or formalised project management methodology e.g. Prince 2, PMQ or Agile.
What does the role entail?
As a Project Manager, your main duties will include:
- Overseeing a portfolio of allocated projects, maintaining relevant documents and working with relevant stakeholders to ensure projects deliver on time, cost and quality;
- Liaising with a diverse range of colleagues from across IT and the wider to ensure that your projects are effectively managed, with appropriate escalation of issues and risks along with required reporting to project boards, the Programme Management Office and key business and IT stakeholders;
- Responsibility for monitoring project progress, challenging anticipated delays or concerns to ensure that projects deliver;
- Supporting stakeholders in the effective planning and execution of projects, explaining the relevant processes, procedures and approaches to ensure compliance with relevant IT governance.
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the post.
What will you bring to the role?
As a Project Manager you will have:
- Experience of supporting or managing a range of projects, ideally in an IT environment;
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to effectively influence the outputs of others you are not directly responsible for;
- Experience of working within a structured project management lifecycle;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Experience of effectively analysing problems and data, presenting solutions and information in a meaningful way to diverse range of audiences;
- Experience of working to deadlines, prioritising a complex range of tasks to ensure delivery in a role which has made competing demands on your time;
- Prince 2 accreditation, PMQ (previously APMP) or other similar qualification.
- Advanced Microsoft Project and Excel Skills.
You may also have:
- Experience of working in an Agile project management environment;
- Experience of working with a PPM tool, Clarity, Project Online, CMT etc.
Please only apply if you have the essential experience required
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959474148