Folkestone, Kent - Show Location
We are working with a family owned and fast-growing manufacturer, importer, distributor and wholesaler of well-known toys, art and craft, education and stationery products. They are looking for an IT manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of their computer systems within specifications, costs and timelines.
An excellent opportunity has opened for an experienced IT Manager to join our company at a time of fast growth with different operational requirements over 3 sites.
You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our computing needs, including the implementation of SAP Business 1 from Pegasus Opera, as well as advising on websites and EDI.
The ideal candidate will have proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industrys best practice processes.
· Manage information technology and computer systems
· Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
· Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
· Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems as well as compliance with new GDPR regulations
· Align user needs and system functionality to contribute to organisational strategy and policy
· Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
· Audit systems and assess their outcomes
· Preserve assets, information security and control structures
· Assist with reporting from SAP Business 1 using SQL database queries
To be considered for this role you must be a hardworking and personable self-starter. Determined and resilient, capable of overcoming obstacles to drive implementation and then aim for maximum optimisation during business as usual.
· Proven and recent working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
· Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
· Expertise in data centre management and data governance
· Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
· Experience of SAP Business 1 is essential or significant involvement in ERP/IT project management
Other attributes to include:
· Common sense and ability to work without supervision a must
· Firm but fair approach to difficult situations
· Ability to hit the ground running
· Team player attitude and ability to work cross functionally across the business
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959472075