Cloud Services Engineer
Cloud Services Engineer
Are you an experienced Cloud Services Engineer?
Do you have excellent Cloud application experience in any of the technologies ranging from LINUX Systems Administration through to tools such as Jenkins & Chef?
Do you want to work in an exciting, truly Agile environment?
Do you want to work with some of the best people in the industry?
If the answer is YES, we want to hear from you!
Our Milton Keynes based client is part of an expanding global organisation, specialising in cloud based employee management software. Their clients include some of the world?s biggest names and most innovative brands. You will implement and maintain the platform which powers our clients SaaS based products.
- Establishing, deploying and maintaining new Cloud environments using leading automation tools on a greenfield project.
- Maintaining our Linux systems on all environments globally
- Automation of manual tasks & processes ? removing waste & manual process
- Apache/NGINX administration, parameter tuning, virtual host configuration, key and certification management
- Liaising with third party cloud providers to ensure platforms remain fully operational, and that changes are planned and implemented in a controlled manner
- Working with the Engineering and Customer Support teams to resolve incidents and to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Monitoring online services, applications and performance and taking necessary action to ensure SLA?s are met or exceeded
- Ensuring our SaaS platforms are keeping up to date with technologies and best practice
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- An ability to think through the problem, shape the solution - regardless of technology
- Analytical thinking, self-motivation, innovation and a desire to learn and help others
- Customer focused & clear communicator
- Strong Linux Systems Administration experience
- Experience with system automation and deployment tools such as Chef & Jenkins
- Extensive experience with complex cloud applications, services and environments
- Scripting skills in at least one language (bash, python, powershell)
- Planning and implementing monitoring, preferably using Nagios
- Solid working understanding of networking, firewalls and VPNs
- Understanding and skills with either Ruby or PHP
- Apache / Nginx administration
- Knowledge of Agile or working with Agile teams
This role comes with a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits including, 25 days? holiday, healthcare (after 1 year), Life assurance, childcare vouchers, flexible working hours, pension and more.
TD Group Limited acts as an employment business for interim positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. TD Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959440586